What is a
In Europe you will find the term "guest house" used frequently. It can be a separate house, but most often it is connected to an existing home. We live on the premises downstairs, however, you will experience no shortage of privacy. We invite you to stay at Harpster-Davenport Guest House and we will assist in any way possible to make your visit enjoyable and memorable. We are positive once you stay with us, you will return.
Send the gift of "getting away" to someone you care about.
Call us at 419-602-1009
or email for details.
1751 County Road 308, Bellevue, Ohio 44811
- Comfortably furnished with a unique blend of modern and country farmhouse decor featuring a separate living room, bedroom, kitchen, bath and breakfast room.
- We are a self-catering guest house (which means your hosts don't cook breakfast ), however upon your arrival you will find a delightful "Welcome Basket" waiting for you filled with Snacks, Coffee, Teas and Treats.
You will enjoy a completely outfitted private kitchen for all your cooking and late night snacks. Also in your kitchen is
a Microwave, Blender, Coffee Pot, Pots and Pans, Toaster, BBQ utensils and more. There are grocery stores and fresh farm markets minutes away and an array of cookbooks if the mood strikes you to get creative. Sometimes vacations can be the most enjoyable moments to try out new recipes.
- Coffee, Tea, Creamer/Sugar, Cooking Spices , Condiments, Paper Towels and more are supplied for you when you arrive.
- Cozy Breakfast Room with Casual Seating for Four.
- Leather Queen Sofa-Sleeper in Living Room for extra guests.
- Full Size Bed with High Quality Mattress/Box Springs for a restful night.
- Line Dried, Cotton Sheets washed in Homemade Washing Detergents using natural ingredients.
- Desk for Writing & Computer use.
- WiFi and Cable TV with Movie Channels.
- CD Stereo with iPod connectivity
- Books, Magazines, Board Games, and loads of Tourist Information is available in your guest house.
- Ironing Board and Iron
- Bedside Alarm Clock
- High Quality Bath Towels and Hair Dryer provided
- Ample Closet and Drawers for Clothes and Treasure Finds.
- Guest House Sleeps 2 people, however there is a Leather Sofa Sleeper in Living Room to accommodate 2 people if needed.
Business Amenities Available
(see page with details)
- Private Outside 2nd Floor Staircase Entrance. Our Guest House is not Handicap accessible.
- Second Floor Balcony with Seating.
- Enjoy your own Patio with Gas Grill, Table and Chairs for outdoor entertainment and enjoyment.
- Six Person Hot Tub (outdoor - seasonal)
- Old World Style Pergola with Fire Pit with cooking grate and plenty of seating. Firewood supplied for cooking over the grate and skewers’ for roasting marshmallows. We even supply the S'more kit....Do you prefer plain or almond Hershey's? New favorites...Reese's Peanut Butter Cups with chocolate and Caramel flavored marshmallows with chocolate. YUM!
- Relax in the Hammock gently swaying between the fruit trees.
- Private Drive with plenty of parking for 2 or more cars. Have a boat /watercraft and trailer? We have space for that too!
- Ample Grounds for a special event if the occasion should arise.
- Accommodations are available for bicyclist camping and secure covered bike storage. We are located only minutes south of the Adventure Cyclists Northern Tier touring east/west route. (Adventure Cycling website showing maps to this area)
- Backyard games available: Croquet, Badminton, Yard Jarts and more! Hey, we may even join in on the fun!